What is My Home Worth?
Receive a custom evaluation for your home, including comparisons to other homes that have recently sold or are on the market. This guarantees you receive the most accurate information available. To find out what your home is worth, fill out the information below:
FOR THE SELLING CLIENT
What should you be looking for in a listing agent for the sale of your house? The Stallings & Smith Group is rooted in the Midlands, We have raised families here, and we have been involved in our communities, coaching Little League, mentoring school children, and we have been active in our churches. As Columbia grew toward the northeast, we witnessed the development of Lake Carolina, The Summit, Sandhills and other subdivisions. Our local area knowledge and expertise, knowledge about what neighborhoods are trending up or down, about home values, local amenities and schools is a valuable resource for our clients.
The Listing Process
- Pricing is the most anticipated conversation in a listing appointment, and sellers frequently approach the issue with a “I want as much as I can get” attitude, when “I want the fair value” attitude will more likely get your house sold. Follow this link to learn why. Pricing
- Preparing your home for sale begins at the street. Here are some pointers we will discuss. Getting Ready to Sell The goal is for buyers to see how they will live in the house, and their view should not be obstructed by how you lived in the house. If the cabinets, closets and drawers are stuffed and if family photographs cover the walls and tables, that won't be possible. There will be items that need fixing or improvement. After a while, issues requiring correction sometimes become invisible to the Seller, but you can bet that the buyer or their inspector will see them.
- As part of the Stallings & Smith Group at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, without charge, we offer the services of an interior designer, holding degrees in Fine Art and in Interior Design, she is a master in working with light, colors and textures to create the illusion of more light and space. Staging For more information about Cindy, visit http://www.welborndesigns.com/.
- Now you are ready to have your home photographed, the foundation of most marketing, used in the MLS listing, print materials and on 720+ real estate search engines, including the most popular sites, like Zillow, Trulia, Yahoo, Google, Realtor as well as the Coldwell Banker, and this site After photography, it will be time to upload the listing to MLS, which sends it to all of the real estate websites automatically, the first steps of marketing.
The Marketing Process
- It is more than putting a sign in the yard, with flyers in an information box, the first 20 of which will be taken by your neighbors. It is well documented now that 92% or more of buyers first see the house they buy on the internet, so that is where we start on the day the house goes on the market. It is the reason this website exists.
- Facebook is a powerful marketing tool, and as part of the Stallings & Smith Group, our listing related postings at Stallings & Smith Group on Facebook go to thousands of friends, and those posts grow geometrically by the Groups practice of “sharing” and “commenting” on the posts of the Group. This is then multiplied again, when the seller client and their friends and family get involved and also share and comment on the post.
- Agent Open House events are promoted with personal phone calls to agent colleagues, facebook postings and email blasts. One of the many quotes in real estate is “agents show what they know,” and they are valuable for feedback on pricing, the appeal of the house, and suggestions.
- Sunday Public Open House events, to be honest, are probably more beneficial for us in finding new clients than as a marketing tool. Open Houses. But the possibility of attracting a buyer is there and all Stallings & Smith Group listings are available to all of the Group Brokers and Agents to host an open house from time to time.
- Cable television advertising is the latest piece to our marketing. Commercials are run every day on channels like HGTV, Hallmark, Lifetime, Bravp, Food, TLC and TNT.
- Of course, technology alone won't sell your home. There is no substitute for personal interaction through networking with other agents and prompt responses to interested buyers.It's important to "work the network."
Serving your real estate needs, from the listing to the closing table.
THE STALLINGS & sMITH GROUP
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
803 622 5210